Saturday, July 7, 2012

2-Ingredient, 2 pt Cake

 Ok, so I forgot to take pictures when I was cooking this (I had a friend over, and I always get to talking and forget to take pictures). But the after-version of what I baked didn't look so hot, so you're in luck - you don't have to look at it!

This is a cake that I was told about first by a friend who is a dedicated Weight Watchers friend. She loves finding healthy recipes - especially those that don't taste so healthy (don't we all!). Then recently, on Pinterest, I found the same recipe and decided to finally try it. All you need is one box of Angel Food Cake and one 20-22oz can of fruit pie filling. Mix the cake mix (dry) with the pie filling then bake in an ungreased 9x13 pan  at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes.

Now here's the sad part... I baked mine for somewhere between 30 and 35 minutes because it just wouldn't pass the poke test (my knife wouldn't come out clean). But I didn't want to over-bake it and since I've never made it before, I thought, "maybe the other people know what they're talking about, and this just comes out a little less dry that some other cakes... it will probably be fine..." It came out very puffed up and a little browned on top (I also didn't want it to burn), but within minutes, it started to sink... and it seriously sunk. Within 30 minutes of taking it out, my friend and I decided to try it... it was pretty good (and it still tastes wonderful), and the outsides are baked pretty well, but the inner part of the cake is pretty heavy and moist.

Next time, I'll let it bake a little longer and wait for the cake to separate a bit from the pan (or something... I'm not sure). I will try it again. It is tasty and only 2 WW points per serving!  Good luck!

edit -- {24 servings = 2pts // 12 servings = 5pts} --

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I just found your blog! And it is awesome. Can I ask how many servings this is supposed to make? I'm too lazy to click on the original link. I'm doing WW this summer and would love to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorri, Thank you! I'm glad you like it :) I put the points from the WW website recipe. The 2pt value is for 24 servings, but there's also a value for 12 servings :)

      Delete