Thursday, August 30, 2012

Asian Sauce

So, tonight I convinced myself to actually make dinner for myself - it's been one of those eat-out-every-night kind of weeks... so as I was going through my current stash at home, and deciding what I could pull off tonight. I was wanting something Asian, so I looked up Asian sauces and found this one:
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
  • 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
  • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
I didn't really want 1 1/2 cups of sauce, so I guesstimated... and it turned out pretty well! Basically, I used soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and sesame oil (the only parts I had), just less of each, and made a tasty sauce to saute shrimp in. Now, I realize that it's not really a recipe exactly that I used, but I wanted to share the original recipe and the idea.

More soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment