Sunday, February 10, 2013

Microwave-less??

Yesterday, and I was facing the reality that my microwave had seen it's last day, my immediate thought was: Well, I'm going to have to go buy a microwave now... Then, I went to look at them, and I really don't feel like spending that much money on an appliance right now.


Then I got to thinking... what if I didn't have a microwave? I have never lived in a home without a working microwave for more than a couple of days. And I'm curious about how my eating and cooking habits would change if the microwave was not an option. I'm thinking about trying it for a week or two to see if I can handle it, and then possibly making it a longer-term experiment.

{Disclaimer: I wouldn't be going completely microwave-less. I have a microwave to use at work, but I eat most of my meals during the week at home, so I still think it would be a challenge}

That cozy little nook could hold my cook books or... something, I don't know. But my cookbooks would fit really nicely in there... So here's to thinking outside the box, trying something new, and seeing how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment