Saturday, June 1, 2013

Elimination Diet

Today is the first day of my Elimination Diet. And I'm planning to post lots of recipes as I go along this journey. So, I wanted to explain my purpose behind this. This is so very different from the way that I've been eating and from what I usually cook. There is usually at least one of the "can't haves" in each recipe I make - not a rule, but something I'm definitely aware of now that I'm going to try to eat and cook without any dairy, wheat, or soy - soy is in everything people! So, now that I've danced around it, my reason for doing this is to discover the foods that don't like me. Because, honestly, I love most foods. But they don't always love me

Yesterday was my first wheat-free, dairy-free, soy-free, corn-free trip to the grocery store. Holy moly. That was a totally different experience. It was amazing to walk through the grocery store and realize all of the things I would normally buy that I can't buy. I can't even buy some of the herbal tea I was planning to buy because it has soy lecithin as one of the ingredients - seriously!? I've read things that say you can eat things that contain soy lecithin, but I'm not sure if that's really true. So, I'm staying away from it for now.

My plan for today is to move all of my "can't eat" foods that are left in my kitchen separately from the new foods I need to be eating for the next three weeks. I feel that it might be easier to stick to what I'm supposed to eat especially in these first 3, very restricted weeks.

I'm excited for this. I love eating well. I've got time to cook and prepare food. I've got the opportunity to be home if I'm not feeling well - I don't have to work all day every day. I feel that this is the perfect time for this. So, I'll be documenting this a little bit, mostly through recipes, here.

Thanks for bearing with me through this post. No recipe... on a food/cooking blog. Oops! More coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment