Thursday, September 21, 2017

Hawaiian Chicken

This recipe is from my meal prepping a couple of weeks ago. It was fine as-is, but not my favorite. I added some garlic, red pepper flakes, and a little more soy sauce when I heated up leftovers, and I liked it so much better! Next time I make it, I will add those from the start. You can make that choice for yourself!

(The finished product didn't photograph well, so you can see the prepped part)


Each serving shown in the picture was definitely more than a serving. The recipe originally stated 3 servings - I have made 4-5 servings out of it.

Ingredients
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 fresh pineapple, stalk, skin, and core removed and fruit cut into bitesized pieces
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
(add ginger, garlic, and chili flakes if you desire)

Materials (if made as freezer meal)
1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag

Prep
1. Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date.
2. Add all ingredients.
3. Remove as much air from the bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer for up to three months.

Cook
1. The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
2. The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 3-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.

Serve with brown rice and broccoli, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment