Saturday, June 9, 2012

Quick Tea

Happy Summer, Friends!

I apologize that it's taken me so long to make it back here (and this isn't even technically a real recipe). However, I have had time to rest and relax and and I'm ready to get back to business! Today, I'm going to do one of the classic summer drinks - ice tea. This summer, I'm attempting to cut out soda again (I was drinking more of it than I like during the school year this year). So, last weekend while I was at a friend's parents' house, I saw ice tea made in a way that I'd never seen before...

In a glass or mug, put just enough water to cover a couple of tea bags. Put two tea bags in the water and put it in the microwave for a minute or two. This will create a tea concentrate of sorts. Let the tea sit and steep for a few minutes. Fill your tea pitcher with ice, pour in the hot tea, and add water to fill the container. Surprisingly, it actually makes descent tea! My family has always made sun tea in the summertime, but this was almost as good. I did it recently with a yummy green tea that I am currently hooked on, and it was quite tasty as well!
this is the green tea, so it's supposed to be lighter than normal/black tea

This is an excellent option if you're looking to have ice tea 10 minutes or less. So refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment